Hydro designs pump test lab to help customer improve pump performanceFebruary 02, 2011
Hydro has designed and built a state-of-the-art test lab in its Chicago service center. The lab is dedicated to testing pumps aftermarket. It can help customers develop and implement engineering modifications to improve the performance of their pumps -- and then verify that performance in the lab.
The 5000HP test lab is designed in compliance with the Hydraulic Institute standards and API 610. Other features include:
- Electrical connection runs up to 5,000 HP test
- Variable Frequency Drive; 2300 - 4160 Volts
- Dedicated loop with 1000 HP DC drive with speed increaser for specific product line
- Flow rates from 75 – 21,000 gpm on the horizontal loop
- Maximum flow rate of 42,000 gpm on the vertical loop
- Configure hundreds of different suction and discharge configurations
- Submersible testing with capacities from 4” -14” discharge nozzle sizes
- NPSH testing
- LabView data collection system, electronic flow meters, torque meter and remote valve controls
Hydro based in Chicago, is the largest independent pump rebuilder in North America, according to the company's website.
The company works with most major industrial pumps including ANSI process pumps, well pumps, vertical turbine pumps, screw pumps, submersible pumps, fire pumps, end suction pumps, chopper pumps, and many more.