Pumps & Systems Magazine Tours Manufacturing Facilities Around the World
The leading magazine for pump users around the world, Pumps & Systems, kickstarted its global tour of manufacturing facilities on April 9, 2013. Key members from the magazine’s team, including Editor Michelle Segrest, Associate Editor Amanda Perry, and Creative Director Terri Jackson, will travel to select facilities throughout the year to bring readers dynamic and informative content about innovative technologies in the pump industry. The tours will include photo albums, video coverage, and in-depth research of manufacturing facilities and their products, in addition to real-world demonstrations of the pumps in action.
The tour, which includes facilities in the United States, Denmark, France, and Germany, began in Alabaster, AL. at SEPCO, a manufacturer of mechanical seals and braided packing for fluid handling industries. CEO Chris Wilder taught the Pumps & Systems team about SEPCO’s unique technologies and processes during their visit.
“Seeing how the pumps and other products are manufactured is a great learning experience for us and will help us with our future coverage of technical processes,” says Segrest.
In addition to visits to manufacturing facilities, the magazine will also visit specific locations where pumps are in use to see how the technology works firsthand. These sites include a wastewater facility in Germany, the ‘greenest’ hotel in the world in Copenhagen, the Hoover Dam in Las Vegas, a sugar factory in Louisiana, and the famous Sewers of Paris.
“The purpose of this project is to witness groundbreaking manufacturing processes, learn about cutting-edge technologies and then share that information with our loyal Pumps & Systems audience,” says Segrest. “We have an incredible opportunity to capture hands-on knowledge and relay that information through our many powerful media products, which include the print magazine, e-newsletters and our website.”
The Pump & Systems on Tour schedule for May and June included the following stops:
- May 30 – Bjerringbro, Denmark. Grundfos headquarters.
- June 3 – Auger, France. Mouvex (Pump Solutions Group), manufacturer of eccentric disc, rotary vane and peristaltic (hose) pumps.
- June 5 – Frankenthal, Germany. KSB Aktiengesellschaft, manufacturer of pumps, valves and systems for process engineering applications, water and wastewater management, and the energy and mining sectors.
- June 6 – Halle, Germany. KSB testing facility.
- June 7 – Kamp Lintfort, Germany. Almatec (Pump Solutions Group), manufacturer of air-operated double-diaphragm pumps for the chemical, solar, hygienic and other process industries.
- June TBD – Cleveland, OH. SKF Solutions factory.