Sulzer Pumps opens service center in Saudi ArabiaJune 29, 2011
Sulzer Pumps recently opened a new service center in Khobar, Saudi Arabia for engineered and pre-engineered pumps in the petroleum, power generation and water markets, according to a company news release. The new facility aims to strengthen Sulzer's presence in the Saudi Arabian market.
The new service center has a staff of 25 and is fully equipped to provide the service, maintenance and retrofit needs of local pumps users. The facility will serve industries including upstream oil and gas production, oil refining, water supply and desalination and power generation.
The service center can overhaul and repair both Sulzer and non-Sulzer pumps. Engineering, project administration and sales staff are all on site to provide a range of hydraulic, mechanical and metallurgical services. The company's engineering and technology groups will provide the center with mechanical and hydraulic design support on more complicated projects.
The center provides:
- Expertise in pumps used in oil production, refining, power generation and utility water services allowing performance optimization
- Assistance in upgrading equipment performance and materials to meet changing process or reliability requirements reducing costs and improving performance
- Skilled field personnel for on site services
- Tailored engineering solutions to enhance equipment reliability and effectiveness to better support customer processes
- And management services in association with long-term equipment support contracts to reduce operating costs